Kandi Mossett on Standing Rock and the Dakota Access Pipeline
This week on Voices from the Frontlines Your National Movement Building Show, Eric Mann has a conversation with comrade in struggle Kandi Mossett from Indigenous Environmental Network. Kandi speaks about the current crisis around Standing rock that is in violation of the Treaty of Fort Laramie of 1851 and 1868. The Dakota Access Pipeline is being constructed on ceded lands and is a disaster that renders any of the U.S. rhetoric around climate change as false given that the pipeline is being built to transport up to 570,000 barrels of crude oil a day according to the Yessenia Funes from Colorlines magazine.
Take a listen to the full show below. And then look at all of the ways that Kandi has suggested to lend your support for this movement.
Here are 4 things you can do to support this movement.
- Call President Obama or send a signed letter to the white house urging President Obama and his administration to
- Deny all permits related to the Dakota Access Pipeline issued by the Army Core of Engineers
- Block Congress from allowing permits to be issued
- Require the Army Core of Engineers to require that the company building the Pipeline perform and submit a full Environmental Impact Report
- Resend Nationwide Permit 12 submitted to the Army Core of Engineers.
- Join in on the National Day of Action on November 15th in solidarity with this movement visit https://nodaplsolidarity.org to find an action to join near you
- This day will target every Army Core of Engineers office nationwide to pressure them into not going forward with the Dakota Access Pipeline and to respect the sovereign rights of Indigenous nations.
- Please send prayers to the Indigenous nations on the Frontlines
- Visit the following websites to donate and find more information on how you can support
- www.ienearth.com – Donate to Indigenous Environmental Network, read more information on Dakota Access Pipeline
- www.indigenousraising.org Donate to Indigenous Environmental Network, follow social media feeds, and actions of IEN, read more about Dakota Access Pipeline
- http://www.ocetisakowincamp.org Donate to Oceti Sakowin Camp, follow social media feeds, read more about Dakota Access Pipeline
- http://sacredstonecamp.org Donate to Sacred Stone Camp to support their Legal Defense Fund, and for Logistics and supplies, follow social media feeds, read more about Dakota Access
You must be logged in to post a comment.